Independent School Districts (ISD)
Random Moment Time Study (RMTS)
The United States Congress recognizes the vital role of public schools in providing health services for our nationís children. For that reason, schools are reimbursed with federal Medicaid funds for the provision of covered medical services, including mental health services, and for the costs of administrative activities, such as outreach, which support the Medicaid program. These services are funded through the School Health and Related Services (SHARS) program and the School-Based Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC) program. Read more general information regarding Time Study for ISD.
- HHSC RMTS Contractor: Fairbanks, LLC
- Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC)
- School Health and Related Services (SHARS)
- Texas Medicaid Providers Procedure Manual (TMMPM) (Chapter 42) at the Texas Medicaid Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) website
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) website
HHSC Time Study staff are available to assist with questions concerning time study participation, time study training requirements, time study participation list certification, and use of the online Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Guides / Manuals
- Time Study Implementation Guide (.pdf) (updated 08/21/2009)
View a list of important notices regarding Time Study for Independent School Districts.
The link below contains information regarding the ISD training information. It is IMPORTANT to carefully read all the information provided so as to fully understand who must attend "initial" training and who is eligible to take "refresher" training.